- Promote critical appraisal of the principles and side effects of cancer treatments.
- Promote critical reflection on the skills and competencies required to ensure holistic care of people receiving treatments for cancer.
This module is for health and social care professionals who work with people with cancer in general or specialist hospital or community settings.
- Principles of surgery, radiotherapy, chemotherapy and other treatments for cancer
- Side effects of treatments and their management
- Holistic care of people receiving treatments for cancer
- Health and safety procedures related to cancer treatments e.g.radiation protection, handling and disposal of cytotoxic drugs
- Site specific cancers and their management
- Role of the multi-professional team in cancer care
20 credits – academic level 7
Number of Places and Cost
Number of places:
£700 (Subject to change)