- Develop students’ understanding of the principles of cancer chemotherapy
- Enable the practitioner to safely administer cytotoxic chemotherapy
- Manage the holistic care of the patient requiring chemotherapy
This module is for nurses who wish to develop knowledge and expertise in the administration of cytotoxic chemotherapy and the care and management of people receiving chemotherapy.
Pre-requisites: Current NMC registration; Minimum 1 years’ experience in appropriate health care setting; Phlebotomy and cannulation skills.
- Principles of chemotherapy
- Pharmacology, side effects and their management
- Cannulation, administration techniques
- Holistic assessment and management
- Ethical issues, accountability, consent
20 credits – academic level 6
Number of Places and Cost
Number of places:
£1000 (subject to change)