This ½ day, relaxed interactive workshop aims to give you the opportunity to, in relation to these conversations:
- Highlight what elements feel particularly challenging & why
- Gain some Top Tips on communication approaches that can help you engage more confidently & effectively.
This workshop is suitable for medical/other senior trained staff who have significant conversations with patients and relatives in relation to CPR/DNACPR decisions.
Date and Duration
24 February 2020
Half day workshop 09:00 - 12:30
- When a clinical DNACPR decision has been made in the context of irreversible dying (i.e. due to the complexities or advanced stage of a patient’s illness/frailty)
- Initiating conversations to explore/identify patient preference (in relation to CPR), with those known to be at risk of their heart stopping, but where the outcome (burdens/benefits) of CPR for them is uncertain
- With distressed relatives, i.e. demanding withdrawal of/refusal to accept an appropriate clinical DNACPR decision
Certificate of attendence
Number of Places and Cost
Number of places:
(Free for CCC staff)